--- "Steven M. Schultz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi -
> > From: Richard Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Shouldn't this be something that yuvmedianfilter should set
> > automatically from the incoming yuv4mpeg header?
>
>       Hmmm, interesting thought.   The capability exists to do that of
>       course.   Maybe it's just an oversight that it was not done sooner.
>       Also if it had been automatic the bug would have surfaced sooner ;)
>
>       I imagine though if it's made automatic an option to disable it
>       would be needed.

Then how about this as a suggestion:

No -I on command line - use value from yuv4mpeg header.
-I 0 - force no-interlace mode, ignoring yuv4mpeg header.
-I 1 - force interlace mode, ignoring yuv4mpeg header.

That would break backwards compatibility, but since the switch was totally
undocumented to begin with, how many people even knew it existed to apply
it to a yuvmedianfilter command line?