Hello,

I am trying to use mplex to create a DVD stream with one video
track and 3 audio tracks. This is to use as input to dvdauthor
which claims to support streams with multiple audio tracks
created by mplex.

This is the mplex command I am using:

mplex -V -f 8 -M -S 5000 -o out.mpg video.mpv audio1.ac3 audio2.ac3 audio3.ac3

Any attempt to use this mpg file with dvdauthor produces the
following output:

% dvdauthor -f out.mpg -o .
INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing out.mpg...
WARN: System header found, but PCI/DSI information is not where expected
        (make sure your system header is 18 bytes!)
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...
WARN: Skipping sector, waiting for first VOBU...

etc.

If I create the mpg file using just the video and first audio track,
dvdauthor works fine.

Any idea what could be wrong? Is this the way to create an mpg
with multiple audio tracks with mplex? mplex seems to detect
all 3 audio tracks as ac3 ok...

Regards,

Tim Hewett.