Sorry for this offtopic posting, but after a lot of problems with a XP 2400+
and a nforce2-board (Asus A7N8X), which some of you remember probably, I
decided to change the chipset of the motherboard. Which chipset or
motherboard would you recommend for a XP 2400+. I would like to use SuSE 8.2
and the SuSE-kernel 2.4.21 or to compile a 2.4.21 vanilla-kernel.

I searched the kernel changelog and found a few changes in the last time, but
I don't know which of them are important:

  o Add missing via82xxx PCI ID
  o add the via ide ident
  o fix a race and a comment in via_audio
  o later VIA apic
  o correct handling of VIA PCI and of IDE legacy irq
  o add 450NX streaming quirk, add via northbridge detect
  o AGP support for VIA P4X333 boards
  o AGP support for VIA KT400

Al