Hello

> > My stuff:
> > - Celeron 600; 128 MB RAM; HDD: 40GB,7200rpm,w/2048KiB Cache,UDMA(66)
> > - Linux 2.4.20/Debian 3.0 Woody
> > - mjpegtoos 1.6.1 (without jpeg-mmx, libmovtar and quictime4linux)
> Did you compile the 1.6.1 yourselve or did you install a rpm package ?

I compiled myself from tarball archive.

> > (...)
> > $ jpeg2yuv -f 25 -b 1 -I p -L 1 -j zd%d.jpg | mpeg2enc -f 4 -o video.m2v
> What does happen if you replace mpeg2enc with yuvplay ?

There is no yuvplay, I builded it without SDL. :( If it is necessary I
can rebuild it...

> >    (...)
> >    INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Processing non-interlaced/interleaved zd21.jpg, size 35885l.
> >    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame end 0     293.42 293.42 19.9 19.95
> >    INFO: [mpeg2enc] Frame start 1 P 3 3
> > Naruszenie ochrony pami?ci
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Last thing means in english something like "memory protect error".
> > And it always fails in the same point for every yuv-->mpg conversion
> > with mpeg2enc.
> That might be also a problem with NASM or GCC, which version do you use
> ?

nasm: 0.98.28cvs-1
gcc: 2.95.4-7 and 3.0.4-7
(native debian 3.0 packages)

I will try to upgrade nasm and then we will see... but to build
mjpegtools (without jpeg-mmx) nasm is not required, is it? So, has it
any infulence how mpeg2enc works?

> > ps. I do not subscribe mjpeg-users mailing list... should I subscribe to
> >     get an answer? How to subscribe?
> It might happen that If you don't metion it that one ot the mjpeg-users
> only answeres to the mailinglist, and not to you too. So you could miss
> a answer.

Sorry it was stupid question. I took mailing list address from man, and
I did not know about any website with it. Now I have just subscribed and
it is ok.

ps. thank you for the answer.

--
Uzdrawiam