Hi,

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 11.47, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> hello michael,
>
> interesting post.
>
> > according to the DVD standard. My hardware player was kind enough to play
> > the resulting mpeg2 stream burned as an SVCD. This is the picture quality
> > I want to have!
>
> could you share your settings with us?

I must admit that I was very surprised about my player. What I did was rather
straightforward (mjpeg-tools 1.6.1)
- Take an mjpeg-file recorded at 704x576 solution (PAL obviously)
- pipe it through y4mscaler (-O preset=DVD) in order get rid of the borders
- encode it using mpeg2enc -f 8 --reduce-hf
- mplex -f 8
- Burning with k3b as an SVCD.
If it's not advertisong: The player is a Panasonic RV32.

Michael