Hallo

> Does anyone know of a better MPEG decoder for Windows Media Player - maybe
> one that will play 1024x768 videos?  The Windows one won't work - it seems
> like DVD players install a better one, but I was looking for something I
> could redistribute with the video.  Any ideas?
If you just want a mpeg decoder you should take a look at VLC
(http://www.videolan.org/) it exists for many OS.

The Windows Media Player does only support MPEG1 videos. I think I read
a article where they described how to install a seperate packege of the
windows install CD, and than you have a very basic DVD player. But that
is much mor complicated than downloading and sterting VLC.
The typical DVD Player SW in Windows is able to play back MPEG1/2.

BTW: You do not have to install (just copy them to a location) VLC on a
Windows system, so you still can play back videos with VLC. That
important if the sysadmin has removed the right to install SW on you PC.
;)

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]