Hallo

> > Its actually *really* easy to do.   I don't think mpeg2dec has changed all
>         True, especially if the scaling part is left out.   No need for YUVs,
>         YUVh, and so on.
That has historic reasons, because they were written at a time no scaler
(yuvscaler or Matto's scaler) existed.

>         On the other hand having a forked copy of mpeg2dec to maintain
>         (and mpeg2dec/libmpeg2 is under active development) is a pain.
>         Now if the mpeg2dec folks would accept the yuv4mpeg2 output module
>         into their source tree that'd be great...
If they would accept, was the probelem some years ago. :-/

> > that much in quite a while.   It ought to be very straight-forward to merge
> > in the YUV output plugin.  The original was complicated slightly by doing a
>
>         One problem that I always ran into was that the header tags weren't
>         quite right.  The field order ('I') tag was one such tag (and the 'A'
>         tag was the other I think) .   Since it's (often) necessary to pass
>         the data thru a filter/editscript to get the header right why not use
>         a program dedicate to the job (and let the mpeg2dec folks worry about
>         the output module stuff :-)).
>
>         And there's a manpage for pgmto4ym now (wonders! :))
Now I should really add a some more info about how to get yuv streams
from other video sources ;)
Next week should be some free days..... :)

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard