Hi Steven

>  "Coded frame rates of 24 fps progressive from film,

Yes if the movie was shot at 24 fps which is not always the case...... Super
8 mm, 8 mm are very often at 18 fps.... If you reshoot each frame
individually in a telecine machine as ppm files to an mpeg2 file then you and
end up with granies sprinting in the streets, which is quite good to see :-)
I will have to modify the speed under kino or something .........

>       So things like 20 or 18 are NOT legal MPEG-2 (besides which they
>       can't be produced by mpeg2enc ;)).

Then it resolves everything ! I need extra frames........
Thanks again
Edouard