Hi Ronald,

I have done some test now.

1st setup: kernel 2.4.21-SuSE, bttv 0.9.x:
The stripes almost disappeared. I could only see them in still pictures. The
color is between blue and turqoise (instead of white as before).
2nd setup: kernel 2.6.5:
No stripes.

The number of deleted/inserted frames increased a little bit. Before I had
around 4 frames per hour in full PAL-dvd resolution when capturing from Hi8
recordings. Now it is double that much. (I use xfs on the capturing disk)
This is sufficient for my purposes.

Thanks a lot!!

Michael