My autoconf version:

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

Autoconf version 2.13
This is autoconf-wrapper, which will hand off execution
to one of the two real versions listed above, depending
on the contents of configure.in/configure.ac.  Since the
wrapper was called from within a directory in which those
files are not found, this generic 'version' message is
displayed.

Regards,
Marc