Hallo

> Good news at last!  With help from the Mandrake list we tracked down the xawtv
> problem.  I was given an example of the home dir. .xawtv entry, and I created
> mine from that - it was originally blank.  Now xawtv can play material
> streamed from my camcorder, and LVS can play back avi files.
Fine :)

> Now I can really start to learn about the possibilities of LVS.  Can I, for
> instance, open an existing avi and do the scene-splitting?  It looks as
> though maybe I have to create an eli first, but I can't see how to do it on
> an existing file.  I know I can go back to glav if I need to.
After recording you can do a scendetection, or on the commandline with
that command: lav2yuv -S list.eli file.avi

Cutting the videos is not possible in LVS. For that you have glav.

> I am gradually finding my way around LVS.  The one problem I have found now is
> that if I try to play scenes from the edit tab (after scene detection) I get
> a rainbow coloured multi-line display instead of the picture.  The file plays
> back perfectly in Playback, so I assume that I have a setting wrongly
> configured.  Any suggestions, plase?
Have you tried unloading (New editlist) the scene list and loaded (open
editlist) it ?

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]