Hallo

> Tried mpegtools on Linux, and happily produced useful results.
They work also well with several other OS.

> However, I'm trying to build images for DVD starting with animation
> source material generated by a custom Delphi program running under
> Windows (using GLScene 3D components).  While my system dual-boots
> W2K and Linux, I'm finding I have to switch back and forth like
> crazy while I'm working.  The only windows binary for mpeg2enc
Have you ever tried some things like VMware ?

> I've been able to find on the web is from 1994-- does anyone know
That date is very likeley wrong. The mjpegtools exist for about 5 years.
So either the file was compiled from some other source, or the date is
wrong.

> where I can find something a little more up to date?   I'm using
> mkstools, so I do have fairly equivalent scripting, but have
> no interest in installing cgywin/djgpp on Windows just to build
> the tools.  And I can't imagine I'm the first person to ever want
> the windows binaries...
There are reporsts that it works well in cygwin enviroments.

> On the other hand, I do have this version from 1994-- guess I'll
> see if it works.  So ah, what's been added in the last 10 years?
> Will I miss anything???
If it it really that old you have no MPEG2 support because MPEG2 was
designed after that date. And the MPEG1 support will very likely be
rather bad.

You can take the mpeg2enc and if you want the mplex sources, and compile
them yourselfe. mplex should biuild rather easy with the MS C++
Compiler. mpeg2enc will be harder I fear because you also need the
yuv4mpeg stuff.

PS: If you don't have a "native" C++ compiler for windows yet you can
get a c compiler here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter