Hallo Anne,

Am Mittwoch 18 August 2004 20.16 schrieb Anne Wilson:
[snip]
> With help from Steven to get the command and debugging verbosity right I
found
> that I could create transition avis.  I went back to studio then, and opened
> the first image avi then added the first transition avi and so on.  I now
> have a good (silent) coda.avi that contains all the images, blending nicely,
> and fading to black in the end - nice.  Now I just have to add the sound -
or
> do I?
>
> It looks as though perhaps it's the other way round, and I have to split off
> the sound from the main avis using lav2wav to create mp2s for each one.  Do
> number them in the same way as the avis - sound01.mp2, sound02.mp2 etc.?
>
> I'm thinking that perhaps the best way then would be to rename the coda.avi
> be another in the series of the main files, and do the same for the sound
> files, to make processing easier.
You met a deficiency in LVS. The transition effect does not add sound to the
re-rendered avi file. All what is needed to make it more convenient is a
command like lavpipe which works on the sound streams. Then I could automate
the whole process. I noted it in one of my earlier postings. My way out is
the following: I produce a sound file (say, trans.wav) by using lav2wav on
the two components of the source avi files (of course, only those parts which
make up the transition). Then I am using an audio editor (e.g. audacity) to
make the sound transition. The results is exported to trans.wav. This sound
is now added to the silent transition (say, trans.avi) by

lavaddwav trans.avi trans.wav trans_s.avi

trans_s.avi is now a standard conforming avi file with sound which I import
into the LVS project.

HTH

Michael