On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Dik Takken wrote:

> >     Hmmm, computer graphics pixels are square, PAL pixels are ...
>
> Thanks for pointing this out, I already used that knowledge to generate
> 16:9 frames and video streams.

        Welcome.   For 16:9 PAL the graphics should be 1024x576 and scaled
        appropriately (PAL widescreen's pixel aspect ratio is 118:81).  Good
        place to bookmark is http://www.mir.com/DMG/aspect.html

> >     The new frame is to be constructed from alternating lines from the
> >     two input progressive frames. Correct?
>
> Exactly. :)

        Ah, good - I made a lucky inference <grin>

> Hmm. I have no y4minterlace utility on my system. Google does not seem to
> know about it either. I have MJPEGTools version 1.6.1, does that not
> include this utility?

        Oh, that's an old version but even 1.6.2 doesn't have y4minterlace.

        There are a few new tools/utilities that are only in the CVS version.
        I think it'll be necessary for you to get the CVS version built.
        If you have fairly recent versions of autoconf/automake/libtool the
        CVS version of mjpegtools should not be too hard to build.

> Thank you very much, this was just the information I was looking for.

        You're quite welcome.  Glad to have been able to help.