Hi,

I develop scripts that generate MPEG2 streams by using imagemagick to draw the frames and using png2yuv to feed the frames to mpeg2enc. The problem I'm having is that all frames that are needed for the MPEG stream need to be stored on harddisk before png2yuv can start feeding them to mpeg2enc. The amount of required diskspace to store all these frames is HUGE, even when I use jpg frames in stead of png.

My question: Is there any way to have mpeg2enc "eat" frames while they are being generated?

For just a minute, I figured I could solve the problem by writing the frames into a named pipe, but imagemagick closes the pipe after every image. It seems like we need a simple front-end application that can watch a certain directory and concatenates any images that appear in that directory to it's stdout, like so:

framegrabber | png2yuv | mpeg2enc

Is this going to need a hack, or is it already possible?

Cheers!

Dik

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IT Product Guide on ITManagersJournal Use IT products in your business? Tell us what you think of them. Give us Your Opinions, Get Free ThinkGeek Gift Certificates! Click to find out more http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/guidepromo.tmpl _______________________________________________ Mjpeg-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mjpeg-users