On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, E.Chalaron wrote:

> I eventually managed to upgrade files from sourceforge using CVS and compiled
> it properly with the yuv thing fixed...

        Was libquicktime detected?  If you've installed libquicktime then
        if that is not found something isn't working.

> Now I have no trace of some binaries despite source being at the right place
> (y4mstabilizer, y4munsharp for say...)

        Look in $prefix/bin (/usr/local/bin by default) - you should see
        all the new binaries there (and the new libraries in /usr/local/lib).
        Be sure to run "ldconfig" after doing the install so that the loader
        cache gets updated.

        Depending what shell you're using (csh variant perhaps) you may need
        to 'rehash' after installing the new binaries or the shell won't
        know that 'y4mstabilizer' is present.

> I upgraded against a 1.6.2 unzipped tar ball..

        That should be ok - the new binaries will overwrite the old ones if
        you're installing into /usr/local/{bin,lib}

> Did I miss anything using CVS?

        Did any errors (or unexpected log messages such as the ones you
        mentioned earlier) happen?  Anomalies during the configure process
        need to be looked at very closely before doing the 'make'.

        Only thing I can think of is to make sure you run 'ldconfig' (as
        root) after installing any new libraries.

        Good Luck