Hallo

You are not subscribed to the list, so your mail was held. Subscribe to
the mjpeg-users list before posting again, else your mail will be held
again, add wait till one mailinglistadmin approves your mail.

> I have used a BT878 card for capturing from TV and VHS via
> composite with a Linux(now 9.0) and mjpegtools 1.6.2-0.
> Now, we have DVB-T and i would like to keep this setup for
> some time, it works fine.
>
> Since with DVB-T there are still blocking artifacts, i would ask
> for the best parameters for mpeg2enc.
Do you still record with the BT878 card ?

> /----------------------------------------------------------------
> streamer -t $DAUER -i Composite1 -n pal -r 25 -s $AUFLOESUNG -o \
> movie.mov -f yv12 -F stereo -O movie.wav -R $AUDIO -w $WARTEZEIT
>
> lavv2yuv $5|yuvdenoise -L110 -C110 -S150 $DNR \
> $BORDERSTRING|mpeg2enc $I -a2 -np $ZIEL -F3 -$q -R0 -D10 -N1.0 \
> -Khi-res -41 -21 -r32 -c -P -s -b$4 -o movie.m2v 2>&1 | tee \
> mpeg2enc.log
> \----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> This is for TV/VCR. With DVB-T, there is no noise(?), but blocking
> artifacts. My preference is Quality, not size of the mpg-file.
It would help if you could tell us the other options ($q, $ZIEL ...).
And the average bitrate you have.
You might take a look at the -E option that can help a little.

Do the blocking artefacts vanish if you use a other quantisation matrice
?

Some option shouldn't be needed, like -n, -F , -s, -a.

You use -N (reduce hf) and -H (via the -Khi-res) (keep HF). You might
try to drop the -Khi-res, or replace it with a other quantization
matrice.

> Is yuvdenoise still neccessary? Does anywhone have still ideas
> for optimal parameters not boosting up blocking artifacts?
That depends on the bitrate you have. If the filesize is still low
enough for you without the denoiser, you do not need it.
Who much difference in the average bitrate do you have when you encode
the movie once with the denoiser and once without ?

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard