Hallo

> > > Lavinfo tells me that massimo2.avi has 13945 frames, so the problem must
> > > be in the middle of that file.
> >
> > If the framerate is 25FPS, the video in massimo2 would have a length of
> > 557 seconds. So the encoded audio would be alreaddy longer than the file
> > is.
> >
> Yes - it appears to be the correct length for the combined files, but when I
> play it the whole file is silent.  Using the same command on just the
> massimo2.avi, which has its own audio stream, works fine.  I was trying to
> use -R to add sound to the silent files, as indicated in the man page.
Ups, thats bad.

Waht was your exact audio encoding command ?
Did you use the -R option ?

> > What length have all the files ? And do they all have a audio stream ?
> >
> title.avi   126 frames silent
> trans00.avi   50 frames  silent
> massimo.avi   177 frames  silent
> trans01.avi   50 frames silent
> massimo2.avi   139445 frames with audio
> trans02.avi   50 frames  silent
>
> I'm worried that if I create silent streams for each of the short avi files
> then use lavadd I may end up with a slightly out-of-sync sound when the pipe
> command stitches them together.  Is there any better way?
If you let lav2wav do that the length should be ok. The problem is now
that lav2wav lookes only at the first file, and if you have silence
there it does not look at the other files. And generates for that files
silence too.

You could now generate the first silence wav's, than the wave with audio
and afterwards again silence. And feed the wav than into mp2enc:
lav2wav -R title.avi >title.wav
lav2wav massimo2.avi  >massimo2.wav
lav2wav trans02.avi >trans02.wav

cat title.wav ... massimo2.wav trans02.wav | mp2enc ....

That had worked well on my computer.

If that does not work well, you can glue the audio together with snd or
audacity for example.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]