On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Ray Cole wrote:

> I tried recording at 704x480 and 720x480, and you are correct that if I put
> a piece of paper to measure the size of some objects there is a measurable
> difference.  So I suppose I'll start using 704x480 :-)  Not that

        The thing to try is find something with a lot of (perfect) circles.

> I'll re-record all the stuff I've recorded before since 2% is really hard
> to see, but I guess 704x480 will be the 'correct' way.

        I wonder though if the difference  might not be 9% - I don't know
        if the application is specifying square pixels or not.

        An experiment would be to record at 640x480 and do a software resample
        (y4mscaler can do it) to 704x480 and then see what it looks like.