On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, edouard wrote:

> Anyway .... Libtool has been upgraded to the latest version (1.5), autogen
> works OK  (or seems to), though the all lot starts to be a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> nightmare.

        Latest libtool is 1.5.10 but 1.5 works fine too (SuSE 9.2 came with
        1.5.8 and OS/X came with 1.5 - both work ok).

> I get a :
> libtool: unrecognized option `--tag=CC'

        Are you sure you're running the correct libtool script?  If there
        are multiple versions on the system (which can happen if the old
        version is not removed before installing/upgrading a newer version)
        then the order of directories in $PATH will dictate which 'libtool'
        is run.

        The reason I suspect you're snagging the wrong version is that prior
        prior to 1.5 libtool did not have "--tag".  Version 1.5 or newer
        has "--tag".

        What directory did you install libtool 1.5 into?  /usr/local or did
        you install over top of the existing version (in /usr)?  If the
        system came with libtool in the system directories and you installed
        a new version into /usr/local/ then there is a good chance that you
        will run the old version because /usr/bin is often before /usr/local/bin
        in $PATH.

        What do

                which libtool
                libtool --version