Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Got it................

My mistake for libtool. despite making a clean and distclean I was still
running the configure script made for the the old version. I was so focused
on 1 issue that I did not go back to the big picture.
So ... Libtool is really 1.5.10 and the old rpm is gone.... then went back to
autogen that complained about the libtool m4. Made a link
to /usr/share/aclocal and BINgOOOOOO the all lot compiled and obviously
installed.... But what a mission !!!

My eternal thanks to Steven Schultz for his knowledge, patience and skills...
Now that it does work I will include quicktime....
Cheers