Hallo

> maybe RTFM again, still, I use Coriander to grab the frames in YUV422. I have
> several options as the format I want / need to save each frame.
> Either convert an image with Imlib -> I grab in ppm for about 3.5 Mb per
> frame.... ouch !
You can convert ppm rather easy to a mjpeg encoded AVI/QT
time cat *.ppm | ppmtoy4m -S 420jpeg -o 75 -F 25:1 | yuv2lav -q 90 -o
video.qt

I'm rather source that you have to convert yuv422 to yuv420.

> Anyway
> Not really sure what is the best for the quality, and if raw data are better
> what are the basics command to use them in a pipe such as
> cat raw* | y4mtosomething | another one > file.dv
Sorry no idea how to generate DV files.

Your guess with the FineManual was right, the section "Creating videos
from images" might be interresting for you.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard