On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, E.Chalaron wrote:

> Ok went to upgrade to the new CVS after a major crash ...

        Oh no.  You are certainly having your share of bad luck.

> I still have troubles with AM_PROG_AS. I found a couple of archives about
> such as :

        There are no .s (assembly) files in mjpegtools (cvs) so it should not
        be necessary to worry about CCAS.

> mpeg2enc/Makefile.am: The usual way to define `CCAS' is to add `AM_PROG_AS'

> I still miss what m4 file it is...

        AM_PROG_AS is in configure.ac  - take a look in configure.ac and you
        should see the AM entry at line 85.

        Could you post the complete ./autogen.sh and/or ./configure session
        (the 'script' program can be used to obtain that info of course)?
        I think that'd be useful in finding out what the problem is.

> Now about the CVS if I remember Steve Schultz, I need the libquicktime CVS as
> well to built it properly. Can someone confirm ?

        You can use the cvs version of libquicktime if you like.

        The libquicktime project did have a release (0.9.4) so you can use the
        released version if that is easier/simpler (you can't use the 0.9.3
        version though - make sure you get the latest release).