Hallo

> > Normaly the mjpeg encoded AVI's should work well, like you record them
> > with lavrec.
> But they don't. I converted a sequence of jpegs (PAL 768 x 576) to MJPEG
> and tried to import the result (an AVI) into Adobe Premiere. I got a
> "file format not recognized" error.
Strange. From what I know the windows Software that came with the card,
generated mjpeg encoded AVI's and that chould be read with the Adobe
Premiere. I never had a Zorand card working in Windows, and a Adobe
Premiere installed.

I have never worked with Adobe Premiere. Can you specify a codec ? Than
you should use mjpeg-A
Is that codec installed in your system ? So that the Windows media
player or Qicktime player can play back the AVI ?

I have just checked with the Quicktime 6.1 player, and MS Media player.
And it identfies the movies as "Motion JPEG Open DML" movie. Maybe that
is what you need to choose.

> Speaking of JPEG sequences: Shouldn't it somehow be possible to put the
> JPEG data from the images directly into the resulting AVI stream,
> without decompressing and recompressing them?
Should be possible. It would be the reverse direction of what "lavtrans
-f i  ..." does.

>From what I know there does not exist such a tool yet.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter