As announced recently on the mjpeg-developers mailing list, I wrote a tool to
convert the framerate of yuv4mpeg streams by interpolating the motion of the
blocks.

yuvfps can result in a jerky movement, because it duplicates or removes
frames.
This program, called yuvmotionfps is better if you prefer (like me) a smooth
movement over a crisp movement (the interpolation can blur the original
moving parts a bit)

The details on how it works:
http://jcornet.free.fr/linux/yuvmotionfps.html

The package is here:
http://jcornet.free.fr/linux/download/mjpegtools/yuvmotionfps-1.1.tgz

Note that you will need a fairly recent CVS version of the mjpegtools.

It seems to make a few people happy, but if you have any comments, please let
me know.
   /Jerome