On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Steven Miller wrote:

> I thought a52dec would be able to give me audio offsets. Is there
> another way to go about this? I want to find offsets when demuxing a vob

        'vstrip' and 'tcprobe' are two that come to mind.

        Maybe I've just gotten "lucky" but the times I've demuxed a file
        and tossed the .m2v and .ac3 files into DVD Studio Pro it "just
        "worked" - didn't need to specify (indeed there's no provision for
        giving) an offset.  Other times 'mplex' just did the right thing - as
        if there's no need (in many cases) to worry about the offset.

        It could well be that how the demuxing is done may be the determining
        factor in the necessity to know the 'offset'.

        Depending what you're doing with the VOB file(s) a simple offset
        won't be enough.  If you're decoding/recoding the video then rate
        changes (where ~24 and ~30 frame/sec sections are intermingled) will
        cause A/V sync to be lost.

        Oh, ProjectX can also do the demuxing I think.

        If you're on a OSX system then you can also give 'MPEG Streamclip'
        a try - it looks quite nice but I haven't done a lot with it yet:
        "http://www.alfanet.it/squared5";