Hello

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Bernd Jautzeck wrote:
> >
> > after some more digging around i just found, that it is in fact a layer
> > break on the original dvd which is after chapter 14. Still I do not know
> how
> > to get rid of this split in the ripped mpeg stream.
> >
> > Any clue, anybody?
>
> Hmm; I seem to have missed your original message, so I don't know exactly
> what you're doing with the video.
That would be my fault as i changede the subject-line; maybe not a good
idea. Sorry for that. However my original mail is also available via
http://www.mail-archive.com/mjpeg-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05675.html

> I deal with this sort of thing by just catting the short vob onto the end
> of the previous one; in this case, append it to the end of chapter 14.

I still have to take a closer look at the inner workings of mpeg, but my
understanding of
# tccat -i /dev/dvd -T1,-1 | tcextract -t vob -x mpeg2 > foo.m2v
is that, foo.m2v is a *raw* mpeg es (elementary stream), which simply has no
clue about the more abstract construct of a "layer break". However the layer
break results in a sequence split in this mpeg stream and i still don't know
how to get rid of it.

Greetings

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail