Folks:

I'm still having trouble multiplexing a LPCM file with an MPEG-2 video
stream with mplex

I'm using the command line

mplex -f 8 -L 48000:2:16 -o output.mpg video.m2v audio.pcm

The "audio.pcm" file is 48K , stereo, 16 bits, Motorola byte order
When loaded into Adobe audition, it plays fine.

After the multiplex, the audio has problems. You can hear what I'm hearing here:

http://www.themeparkphoto.com/PCM/PCMclicks.mp3

I made an "mp3" file of the way the audio sounds when I play the
multiplexed MPEG stream "output.mpg" . Notice the burst of noise twice
a second.

Now look at the screenshot from Adobe audition:

http://www.themeparkphoto.com/PCM/PCMclicks.jpg

Here's my guess as to what's happening:

mplex is allocating a buffer to read the data into, and isn't clearing
out the whole thing! There's unitialized garbage at the end of each
buffer segment that's causing that burst of noise.

Does this problem ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

--
Robert Swirsky
http://www.themeparkphoto.com/