On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, sean wrote:

> I'm trying to write a script to make a dvd out of an old vhs tape.
>
> I dvgrab'ed the tape to avi. ( dv1 - no separate audio track)

        That's the problem - "dv1".  You need either dv2 or better yet
        Quicktime or (IMO) even better 'raw' (but for 'raw' you'd want smil2yuv
        and smil2wav).

        Type 1 AVI files are not (well) supported.

        Might be possible to use Kino to read the type 1 and write a type 2
        AVI file.

        With the recent (this weekend) changes to lav2yuv (to support "-C 411")
        the data can be processed in 4:1:1 right up to the point where
        MPEG-2 encoding takes place.