Hallo,

I tried to build LVS from CVS against mjpeg tools 1.8 but autogen failed.
Having a look at configure.in I found the lines

dnl mjpegtools
AC_PATH_PROG(MJPEGTOOLS_CONFIG, mjpegtools-config, no)
if test x$MJPEGTOOLS_CONFIG = xno; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR(mjpegtools-1.6 is required to run this version of LVS. Please
download it from http://www.sf.net/projects/mjpeg/)
else
  MJPEGTOOLS_LIBS=`$MJPEGTOOLS_CONFIG --libs`
  MJPEGTOOLS_CFLAGS=`$MJPEGTOOLS_CONFIG --cflags`
  MJPEGTOOLS_PREFIX=`$MJPEGTOOLS_CONFIG --prefix`
fi

indicating that the old version is explicitely required. Is this really
necessary? Is there any explicit dependence on the version? I am running an
*very* old version of LVS with mjpeg tools replaced by the latest one, and it
seems to work on my PAL files. Does anybody intend to update CVS?

Thank you.

Michael