Hi Steven,

Steven M. Schultz wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, David Liontooth wrote:
>

>>Way back in May of last year, Chris Wilkinson reported that x86_64
>>produced invalid wav files, and Steven M. Schultz replied the problem
>>was likely solved already in CVS
>>

>       Right - for the mjpegtools programs (lav2wav for example).  I didn't
>       mean to imply that external programs or other projects had been
>       fixed on the x86_64 architecture ;)
>
>       There were issues in mjpegtools that were fixed for x86_64 along with
>       a few general endian issues for big endian systems such as PPC.  Those
>       were fixed.  Didn't fix streamer because it's not in mjpegtools :)

So just because the code is in a completely different package that has
nothing to do with mjpegtools, that somehow frees you from
responsibility??? (-- sorry, joking :-).  I was imagining streamer used
mjpegtools to create wav files, and I was obviously completely and
embarrassingly wrong.  The streamer tool was written by the grand master
of v4l, Gerd Knorr <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, and is still maintained
-- cf. http://cvs.bytesex.org/xawtv.html. I'll drop him a line.

>       mjpegtools works, lav2wav and others give valid headers and data the
>       last I checked.

All I can claim in my defense is that it is difficult at times to track
down which code does what. I feel much better already knowing mjpegtools
do exactly what they're supposed to do on amd64.

Dave