Hallo

> I'm new to this list and to mjpeg.
> I was wondering if there is an easy to to feed an mpeg2
> video into one or more of the tools and extract jpg's to
> create a storyboard?

When you decode the mpeg to mjpeg how do you do that ?

When you use ppmtoy4m I think the -n option would be also worth looking.

BTW: Lavrec has the time-lapse mode where it records only very n'th frame.

> I looked through the MJPEG Howto, but didn't see anything
> exactly like that.  What I found was 'lavtrans' that can extract
> all the frames, or a specific one.  What I'm thinking is that it'd
> be nice to grab say every thousandth or ten thousandth frame
> and put that into a jpg.  Perhaps it's simply a matter of
> calling lavtrans in a loop with different -i settings?  If I extract
> the 100 thousandth frame, does it do this by seeking to that
> frame instead of reading up to and tossing the first 99999 frames?
lavtrans is very quick. It does not need to decode all the frames
before. To come to frame 10000. Using lavtrans would be a possible
solution.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]