Am Donnerstag, 9. November 2006 00:51 schrieb stefan:
> >     You might try putting the data thru the new and improved deinterlacer
> >     and creating a progressive stream.  Maybe that will 'blend' the two
> >     fields together into a more stable image.
>
> I fear that this will not help much, as the new deinterlacer core really
> needs motion for a good interpolation of field-differences...
> It would be (however) easy to implement a filter fixing this kind  of
> image-distortion (but currently I only could give some advice of how to
> do it. I could not do it myself...)

This would be of graet help. Yesterday in the evening I was experimenting a
little bit. Wrote a short matlab program. The essential idea is to find the
black level (black shoulder), threshold away any noise thus finding the
"start" of every scan line, and then find a smooth approximation to the
resulting shifts for the lines in every field. Do you have more ideas?

Thank you
Michael