I figured the --enable-zalpha option would give you the ability to add an
extra 'channel' to the video, allowing to store additional info like
transparency or depth (as shown on the site referred to by "./configure
--help"), I figured there might be stuff out there that use options like
that, but I suppose that's not the case given what you told me.

Thanks for the info, now I can finally start building apps instead of
dependencies!

On 1/18/07, Steven M. Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Jacco Kramer wrote:

> error with mjpegtools-1.8.0. The error was supposedly fixed in cvs, so I
> tried cvs. I can build it just fine without --enable-zalpha, but I get
> errors when building with it.

        Do you know what '--enable-zalpha' is about or what it is for?  If
not
        then why enable it?

        the ZALPHA code is 1) broken, 2) unmaintained and 3) on the verge
of
        being deleted if no one who knows C++ (and mplex ;))  can be found

        to fix it.    THe zalpha code was added as a 'one time good deal'
        for someone (Gernot?) and has never been used, that can be
recalled,
        by anyone else.

        As the old joke goes

          Patient:  Doctor, it hurts when I do (some activity)
          Doctor:  Well, do  don't do (some activity)

> It would also be nice if I could tell ./configure what sort of processor

        Adding additional CFLAGS override any earlier cpu/arch flags

        --with-extra-cflags="whatever options your heart desires"

        That's what I have to use on systems where gcc isn't
built/configured
        properly, claim support for AMD64 but then do not implement 'k8'
as
        a valid cpu type.  In that case '--extra-cpu-flags=-mcpu=athlon
..."
        works fine.