Hi,

I have a question about the tipical lavrec's output file, for instance
01.avi, 02.avi and so on.

Yesterday I was recording "Garfield" from the satellite, and everthing
went fine until I accidentally pressed CTRL-Z when the movie was over. I
meant to press CTRL-C, obviously. I don't remember exactly what I did at
that moment, but I made some other mistakes so that the system got freezed.

The sad result is that the last five minutes of the movie, clearly the
most important ones, are in the last output file, in my case 13.avi,
which is not recognized as AVI by glva, mplayer, nor transcode.

But the file is there, is 1.7Gb long, so I'm wondering if there's a way
to fix it so that is usable. It surely contains the frames that were
captured by my DC30+, which, by the way, is working perfectly.

Are there any tools to accomplish that?

I also would like any hint or link about the general issue, I mean "how
lavrec builds its own output file and how it makes them real AVI file
only when it closes them".

Best regards.

--
Andrea (Andrew) Giuliano