I upgraded my home PC from AthlonXP to Athlon 64 Dual Core. Now I can
either install a 32 bit OS, or the 64 bit version (it's Linux Ubuntu
7.04 anyway).

I will use mpeg2enc to create DVD-compatible MPEG2 out of DV files:

http://florin.myip.org/soft/conv-dvd/

I wonder if it will make any difference, in terms of encoding speed, if
I use the 64 bit OS instead of 32 bit. Otherwise I don't care much for
64 bit, and actually a lot of multimedia stuff (Flash, playing
proprietary codecs, etc.) is much easier on 32 bit.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/