Hi All,  am trying to find some benchmarking
and CPU cycle estimates to predict if software based MJPEG encode, or MJPEG
decode,
is practical on an embedded uCLinux ARM platform.

the platform is based on an ATMEL AT91RM9200
ARM920T core
200 MIPS clock.

The target resolution and frame rate is VGA 640x480 30fps

What I hope to find is a reference that includes how many MIPS are required
for
MJPEG encode, and for decode, at various resolutions and frame rates.
Using this budget I can predict if software-only is practical on this
platform.

Thanks,
/steverino2

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>