Dear All,

I'm having trouble running lavrec, copy of the script I am using is below:

#!/bin/sh

v4lctl setinput Composite2
v4lctl contrast 50
v4lctl bright 100
#
export LAV_VIDEO_DEV="/dev/v4l/video0"
export LAV_AUDIO_DEV="/dev/sound/dsp"
export LAV_MIXER_DEV="/dev/sound/mixer"

#lavrec -f a -g 720x576  --stereo -R m raw.avi

lavrec --format=a --input=p --quality=80 --decimation=2 raw.avi

Unfortunately it does not work - the output I get is:

++ WARN: [lavrec] Unable to set negative priority for audio thread.
++ WARN: [lavrec] Pthread Real-time scheduling for audio thread could not be
enabled.
**ERROR: [lavrec] Error getting video parameters: Invalid argument
**ERROR: [lavrec] Something went wrong while setting up the card

Any ideas?  Just to note for reference, streamer from xawtv seems to work, so
I would not think it was a v4l issue.  Albeit I'm having issues that it uses
far too much disk space when saving to raw video and I'm having issues when
it saves to a compressed format with it maxing the CPU and eventually
failing.

Suggestions appreciated.

Pete

--