On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:58:16 +0200
richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using multiple (3 now) dc10plus cards for doing live video shows as

I've got a Buz, a 6 Eyes and a DC10+ in mine.

> So everything works fine
> except for the dc10plus cards
> They are not always initialized correctly, so sometimes I have two
> sometimes one and sometimes three cards working.

I can imagine that. I have similar problems, but I'm a little surprised your
system works as good as it does.

> It might have something to do with the order in which the cards are
> initialized when all cards are found first an then initialized it seems
> to work, but when a card is initialized before other cards are found
> then there is an error.

That is most likely the problem, yes. If you dig at the really low levels in
the initialization routines, you'll probably find out that the video encoders
and decoders are initialized at least nine times each per card, due to some
peculiarities concerning the interaction between i2c buses and i2c devices.

In short, the kernel should see each encoder and decoder once for every i2c bus
on each of the cards, but as things are now, all of them are visible, without
any buses differentiating them.

If this is the culprit, it has been identified, and is being worked on by Jean
Delvare. I don't know what the time table looks like; there's quite a bit of
fiddling involved.

You _might_ be helped by manually modprobing the encoder and decoder drivers
before zr63060.

Follow-up question: Are you using the on-board composite output connector? My
DC10+ stops after a number of frames when playing with lavplay -pC, stalling
waiting for a buffer. I've reduced it to some kind of race condition, but I'm
not sure where to go from there, or if indeed any other DC10+ users than me
experience the problem.

/Sam