Hallo

>     Whats the resolution of the video you create ?
>
>        * I am capturing a screen which is having the pixel of 1024 x
> 768. So, I feel better to see the video in the same resolution.

I thought about something like that.

>     a command like that might produce a better image:
>     mpeg2enc -f 8 -4 1 -2 1 -q 5 -P -N 1.0 -M 2 -E -10 -D 10 -a 2 -o
>     video.mp2
>

>       * I've tried these options.
> So, the command is like,
> ./rfbproxy -x log.fbs | ppmtoy4m -S 420jpeg | mpeg2enc -f 8 -4 1 -2 1 -q
> 5 -P -N 1.0 -M 2 -E -10 -D 10 -a 2 -o video.mp2
> ./rfbproxy -x ../../files/q3.fbs | ppmtoy4m -S 420jpeg | mpeg2enc -f 8
> -q 4 -o video.mp2
>
> For both of it, failed with an error message and the error is as follows,

[...]
> **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Horizontal size is greater than permitted in
> specified Level
If you have that error try using the --no-constraints option (more info
in the mpeg2enc manpage). Than mpeg2enc allows other sizes and bitrates.
You might use than a command like that:
... | mpeg2enc -f 3 -q 4 -b 10000 --no-constraints -o video.mp2

If that works you can add other options.

>      * How should I use a different codec to convert? Whether there is
> any other command to use in mjpegtools?
Not with the mjpegtools. The mjpegtools are designed to produce mpeg 1/2
output.  You need different video encoders.

You might take a look at libquicktime.

>      Let me say what I'm trying to get. I need to convert a vnc session
> to swf file. I don't know how to do this directly. So, I'm first
> converting to mpg/avi and then I'm converting to swf.
Which kind of AVI Format is supported ?

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: shadowl...@utanet.at