On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, E Chalaron wrote: > Ha well let's install libquicktime-devel then ... > No such luck, Yast is preventing me to do so thanks to a depedency on > libdc1394_control_12-devel /ffmpeg which leads me to a cascade of > depedencies of various stuff ... Right - and while "package" system offer convenience you are also at the mercy of how the packager decides he/she wants to build/configure the package ;( > Ok ... so downloaded libquicktime source to compile .... and make fails > on some libtool >:o And from the errors I'd guess something is very wrong with the libtool setup on your system. > You did run ./autogen.sh first I hope. > -I../include -I../include   -DLOCALE_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" > -march=k8 -mtune=k8 -O3 -funroll-all-loops -fomit-frame-pointer  > -finline-functions -Wall -Winline -Wmissing-declarations > -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fvisibility=hidden -MT audio.lo -MD -MP > -MF .deps/audio.Tpo -c -o audio.lo audio.c > ../libtool: line 824: X--tag=CC: command not found > ../libtool: line 857: libtool: ignoring unknown tag : command not found > ../libtool: line 824: X--mode=compile: command not found Those types of errors really make me suspicious of the libtool setup/installation. > Went back to Yast and to the risk of seeing some corruption in the system > eventually accepted 20 different depedencies. Very strange. Other than gtk and a couple other libs for the gui portion of libquicktime there aren't that many dependencies (I thought).. On the other hand it sounds like your system was under-populated software-wise ;) > Now y4mscaler... in an another thread. And that is a puzzler too - that's a small number of C++ files and it doesn't even use autoconf. Good Luck (I think you need it :-)) Cheers, Steven

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference