The simple solution to worrying about the need to optimise the code
for your cpu is to look at the output from top.
(I am actually interested in seeing the %CPU each of your processes
take up.)

Are both your CPUs fully loaded?

Yes - multi threading is not needed but you could always optimise the
heaviest hitting process to increase FPS. And then the next heaviest
etc etc.

No - The heaviest hitting process is causing the bottle neck.  Look at
optimising this process to better utilise your machine, multithreading
may help.   There is no point optimising the low %CPU processes if
this is the case.

Mark