From: mk2-16v@googlegroups.com [mailto:mk2-16v@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Steven Arguello
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 5:21 PM
To: mk2-16v@googlegroups.com
Subject: [mk2-16v] Struts & Springs

I had the front wheels aligned, I replaced the rack over the winter and wasn’t
even close with my measured alignment. Steering feels great, but everything
else is out of spec. Attached is the print out that they gave me. I’ve never
messed with any of those adjustments and have no idea how it’s done. i assumed
it was all adjustable and that it was part of the alignment, my guy disagreed
(typical corporate shop mentality) and said that he could modify the existing
parts to make them adjustable. He went on to try and sell me a complete set of
dampers and springs. As I’m not sure of how it’s done I didn’t pursue it, I was
happy it was aligned.
Are the rears adjustable at all?
If the rims are bent, does that throw off the whole alignment? Mine are all
bent.

Also, the front left and rear right feel mushy and unresponsive. The other ends
are rock solid, like they always were. The combination of soft and hard
diagonally feels terrible, it sort of yaws or teeter-totters diagonally. So
maybe I do need a set of dampers and springs, or is it related to the camber
being so off. It has Neuspeed progressive springs, 1.5” lowered, not sure of
the shocks. I was thinking of looking into coilovers with adjustable dampers. I
did a quick search and it looks like there are a lot of crappy cheap options.
Keeping in mind that I have a kid in college and another 2 on the way, what can
anyone recommend?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/DF8B8B35-0F13-4A81-9F55-F3F31C119B42%40gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/ab11292e80ef4b57ada1f4a4d78309b7%40MBX082-E1-VA-2.EXCH082.SERVERPOD.NET.