For me on Vista HCx it's working as well. Once position is accurate, precision circle is very small.

Nop wrote:

Hi!

Ralf Kleineisel schrieb:
Nop wrote:

The discussion over at the GPS forum points towards a setting inside the
map, too. It seems mkgmap marks the maps as terribly inaccurate so the
maximum precision is an inaccuracy of 260m.

With my maps generated with mkgmap my eTrex Legend HCx shows the circle
correctly, i.e. it disappears when the GPS position precision is good enough.

Ok, so we have 2 with the problem, one without. Let's try to figure out the difference.

Does anybody have any idea where in the map this setting is stored?

bye
    Nop