Hello list,

Can anyone explain the following discrepancy?

1. I invoke mkgmap with
java -Xmx1500m -ea -jar ../mkgmap/mkgmap.jar -c UK_test_options.args
(see attached file for options)

2a: I use sendmap to upload the file to my GPS
2b: I copy the file manually to the memory card

Result of 2a: In the GPS, map tiles are listed as [description], [family-name], [date of creation]

Result of 2b: In the GPS, map tiles are listed as [description], Area 6324999X, [date of creation]

Obviously I'd like the maptiles to be listed as in 2a, but don't want to have to use sendmap because it's much much slower than using a card-reader.

Any ideas on what's going on?

--
Charlie

# Set mkgmap options
#
# java -ea -Xmx1500m -jar mkgmap.jar -c thisfile

# all paths have to be relative to the folder from which the batch file is
running

# ------------------------------------------------
# GENERAL OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------
style-file:../mkgmap/resources/styles/charlie

family-id: 134
product-id: 1

series-name: Charlie's maps (UK)

family-name: Charlie's test map

route

remove-short-arcs

latin1

max-jobs

gmapsupp

tdbfile

#lower-case
location-autofill=2
# Assign the region of the nearest city to each place, if the is_in tag doesn't
already stipulate where it is

# ------------------------------------------------
# TILE-BY-TILE OPTIONS
# ------------------------------------------------