** Marko Mäkelä wrotes *on* /Sun Mar 7 15:18:01 GMT 2010/

I believe that the names of the POI submenus can be overridden with the
TYP file. I have not tried it myself yet. I would really want to have
open-source TYP file translation before getting into that.

The categories name is part of the gps firmware and part of mapsource software. Theres no way to deal with via type-files. The only way would be to hack the gps firmware and replace the name. May be the new oregon/dakota etc. models which have a language file can be more easier manipulated in these part. But anyway the way how the objects are classified in the given categories is fixed in the firmware/software.

cheers
Gert