El 08/01/11 09:42, Felix Hartmann escribió:

On 08.01.2011 09:36, Carlos Dávila wrote:
El 08/01/11 00:10, Felix Hartmann escribió:

However on the good side, instead of a popping up crash notice, I get a regular (no error) pop up message: "the selected street is not valid in this map product, please select a different street".

Using --code-page=1252 is still broke however for Umlauts, as the city is inside the index with an Umlaut, but the address without Umlaut. So you cannot find streets in cities (though for provinces or states Umlauts are fine now) that have an Umlaut, if you enter the city. (city without Umlaut is not accepted, and city with Umlaut will not find the address).
Here is a screenshot of the problem. Note Moedling on the address and Mödling in the city field (city moedling cannot be entered, as it does not exist): this is with --latin1 (and yes, --latin1 seems to work much better than cp1252):
In my maps I can find cities like Sigüenza and streets like Calle General Yagüe. I use --latin1 and --cp1252. Mapsource is 6.13.7 under wine.
I can do that too. But i cannot find street ABC in city Sigüenza (if I put Sigüenza as city) - I can find street ABC without entering a city! I can also find street ABC in province ÜÖÄ - only as you see in my screenshot the city in the address index (but not in the city index) is loosing the Umlauts.
In my case neither Sigüenza nor Siguenza seem to be in the address index. If I search for any street that exists in Sigüenza, leaving city field blank, Mapsource finds that street in all other cities, but not in Sig(ü/u)enza. I also noticed index branch maps are missing lots of streets. For example, trunk map shows hundreds of streets called "Calle de xxx" as you write in the "Select street" window, while index maps don't find any. If I search for "Calle de Pio Xii", trunk map outputs this exact name in several cities, but index map outputs also some "Calle de Pxxxx" streets.