It would be nice to have such feature and I agree it may clutter the map, but
you can make the poi almost invisible with the typ file. Now I need to add a
poi amenity=ferry_terminal on a route=ferry to show additional information,
like ferry schedules, or add another line on top with this info. By adding a
(almost invisible) poi you can add this info better, for instance a very small
red x for time restrictions on a road, access=no, motor_vehicle=destination etc
or a marking for a hiking or cycling route