Hi Gerd,

thanks for the hint. It's fixed now.

I have no time to test your patch now but it sounds good :-)

WanMil

Hi WanMil,

this doesn't seem to work. I still see the tag in the precompiled
sea data:

                <tag k="natural" v="sea"/>
                <tag k="mkgmap:cache_area_size" v="1048709826.5"/>

I don't fully understand the idea. The current implementation seems to
calculate the value when precompiling and avoids recalculation when reading
the precompiled data.

Gerd
P.S. I found some nice performance improvements for the precompSeaMerger.
Reduced run time from 2200 sec to  ~330sec.
The most important change is to use BoundaryUtil.addToPath() instead of
Area.add().
See attached patch for the high-prec-branch.
I'll probably move the code for addToPath() from BoundaryUtil to
Java2DConverter.
PrecompSeaMerger.java.patch
<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5794046/PrecompSeaMerger.java.patch>

svn commit wrote
Version mkgmap-r2971 was committed by wanmil on Thu, 16 Jan 2014

Avoid precalculation of area size for sea polygons created by the
SeaGenerator.

For all sea polygons the area size was added as tag which increases the
file size of the sea tiles but does not really help. The size only
calculated the size of the sea in one sea tile and it's a bit random where
the borders of a sea tile are. So the area size is not usefull.