Hi Lambertus, hi Thorsten,

that would be great if you can install such a service!

Attached you find a simple bash script to create the bounds file. I must admit that I couldn't test it because I have only a Windows PC. But I am sure you find the message in it :-)

I think the -Xmx8g can be a little bit lower if that matters for you. If you need a much lower value the planet need to be split. Just let me know. I can send you some poly files with an appropriate split.

Regarding the sea files: I can post a similar shell script within the next days. But that's also not a big trick:
* Install mkgmap including the extra jar files (the ones in lib/optional)
* Download the new data (land polygons) from openstreetmapdata.com
* Unzip the file
* java -cp mkgmap.jar:<extra libs> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.sea.optional.PrecompSeaGenerator land_polygons.shp WGS84 sea
* Zip the new directory sea containing the new sea files.

Please post a link if you have installed your service so that we can link to it.
Thanks!

WanMil

Hi WanMil, all,

'My' servers have enough memory, cpu cycles, storage and bandwidth to
host these files. Can you email me with some details, e.g. the shell
scripts you're using?

Lambertus